Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Man I thought that was pretty entertaining tbh
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2535761
2535761, RE: Man I thought that was pretty entertaining tbh
Posted by jimaveli, Mon May-02-16 12:46 AM
>Got pretty wacky sure, but every restart seemed to raise the
>stakes. Truthfully that was better than any match from Mania
>that wasn't the Women's title match.

If AJ wasn't gonna win, the shenanigans served to make him look like a winner who failed to survive all of the shenanigans moreso than a little Indy hick who couldn't compete with the golden boy/chosen child. He looked super grand in Roman's first post mania main event so I'm hella pleased for both of those guys. And the club trying to help him but ultimately failing is prolly the right call right now too.

I remember those early Jericho and Benoit in wwe main event days where I was so scared of them blowing spots, getting lost because they couldn't just do some crazy dangerous spot to fill in blanks, not being able to lift bigger folks 20 minutes into a match, etcetera. And sometimes, especially with Jericho, my fears were confirmed as dude got used to his new boots and damn near couldn't do a springboard anything and hit it clean. I remember the Jeriblow era.

For now, Styles is out here doing springboard everythings with grace. Those forearms look so money. And the one that broke the table? Shiiiiid...the kid did some giving out there. And the springboard into superman punch spot was obviously coming at some point but boy was it grand. AJ fell like a bag of bricks and sold it like a pro even afterwards. And Reigns did the Taker dive again. Folks are wrong about him being useless. He's not exactly ready for the nuances of his situation since the crowd is deadset on killing him for what wwe has decided, but he can damn sure do his part in a good match. He's like the best Lex Luger ever. Or a low end Sting. And he's giving up some bumps out there. Respek on his name.