Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: There was literally no point to any of that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2535591&mesg_id=2535748
2535748, RE: There was literally no point to any of that
Posted by jimaveli, Sun May-01-16 10:53 PM
>The match was good no doubt, but like the Bullet club, The
>Usos, the tease of a Balor appearance, 2 restarts...why any of
>it if none of it really mattered or had an impact.

Not yet. Not of it matters yet. But that's fine for now if it eventually turns into some stuff. One huge thing went down to me: AJ Styles is MADE as of tonight. There's no way they didn't see him look like the best thing going vs Reigns. Dude delivert.

The rasslers are being allowed to look good as hell, there's some story shenanigans to work through, and Sami/Kevin is the bar-raising undercard showdown that almost everyone is stuck having to measure up to. It makes for a set of circumstances that almost guarantees some hellafied rasslin to be going down. Unfortunately, we all have become angry bookers over they years on the innanet. And we all get caught up in Russo-ing every opportunity for a swerve or 'big thing' in our heads. Or maybe we just want wwe to do something wild that we can kinda 'predict'/request m. Bullet club outta nowhere. Shield reunion. Bryan getting the Angle in tna 'you shouldn't be wrestling but we're gonna let you anyway' treatment. Cena losing 7 matches in a row. Brock losing once a year to someone we like.

Even the warm the crowd and/or comedy acts are reasonably funny/entertaining. And they are pretty much heading towards a brand split and even more guys can get a piece of the spotlight.

Aka I'm optimistic and I didn't need AJ styles as champ 4 months into his wwe existence to stay that way. That 450 shoulda been it tho! Haha. But I get it. They aren't ready to moonwalk out of Reigns yet. It's probably the right call to have him do his part in some good ass matches, allow him to embrace/show awareness of the default hate, and eventually turn it into something. Hotshotting him into a full heel would be fun at the beginning no doubt. BUT showing the work and making it matter later on is where it's at if they can pull it off.