Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWe've barely installed any O sets so looking only at the D
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2532116&mesg_id=2568325
2568325, We've barely installed any O sets so looking only at the D
Posted by LA2Philly, Wed Oct-05-16 12:44 AM
The angles on the perimeter (DLo and JC looked like night and day compared to what we saw last season), pick and roll defending, staying with your man laterally for the entire dribble (especially DLO and we also saw it from Huertas + Calderon), and weak-side 2nd/3rd rotations + connectivity stood out to me. Very heartened by what I saw on that side of the ball and the difference that will make when the rest of the team catches up to the level that of our two best weak-side defenders (Tarik and Nance, the latter also arguably our best on ball defender as well)...no coincidence our huge run began with their unit in the 3rd. Definitely some communication lapses off the ball but I know Luke and co. will harp on that.

Offensively, I'm just looking for willingness to pass the ball and confidence in taking open shots. The ball still stuck at points especially later into the clock but breaking those habits comes with constant review over time and as the offense becomes more innate, we will start executing later into the shot clock. Confidence wise, the dude who stuck out was Anthony Brown...took his jumper with no hesitation resulting in a one-motion release (when he's struggling, he tends to have a slight hitch which results in almost all of his shots being short).

The staff finally have some game tape to teach from...keep on working fellas.