Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI place a lot of value on
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2532116&mesg_id=2567518
2567518, I place a lot of value on
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Thu Sep-29-16 12:05 PM
GMs who take late 1st.....and 2nd round picks....and undrafted guys and they become contributors...

Clarkson.....Nance Jr......Black..... now the big Euro....

building off of lotto picks is all good..but if you get depth..and luck up on potential starters...or trade pieces with guys that aren't drafted high..or drafted at all...that says a lot..

plus...

the depth of how bad we fell off was not because Mitch didn't try and keep the ship going..... He successfully made trades for Chris Paul...and Dwight Howard without us mortgaging our future when they were available.... the league stopped the Paul deal, and Howard immediately turned into an unproductive waste of a big contract...but Mitch's effort to do what was necessary to avoid a bad fall off and rebuild holds a lot of weight with me..

the only real downer I have on Mitch is the Nash trade because I am totally against trading ANY draft picks..in ANY sport to get older hurt guys.....but even that was done in a context of getting Dwight and trying to put a contender together..

I got no problems with Mitch....no problems at all