Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSL Thoughts (players on the team or who may make it)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2532116&mesg_id=2556976
2556976, SL Thoughts (players on the team or who may make it)
Posted by LA2Philly, Sat Jul-16-16 12:03 AM
Just in general, cannot wait to see them in the pre-season when they've had more than 4 practices with Luke and staff, with these next 2 months to really instill the selfless and willingness to pass philosophy into the entire team.

DLo: Obviously had a solid SL and I think he came out trying to make a point that he could score and dominate...but he will benefit greatly from the coaching staff working with him on understanding how to balance his game, moving the ball, getting into sets quicker, and not relaxing off the ball (offensively and defensively). He has some habits that really need to be fixed but I know he has the capability to do so if guided in the right way (which is why I'm so stoked for Luke and co)

BI: The kid really has all the skills you can ask for (really highlighted in the final game where he got a lot of touches in the high post off action). The jumper is there, counters, a completely willing passer with really good vision (which combined with his ability to see over a defense is so dangerous), willingness to take contact, lateral movement defensively, defensive timing....he is such a talent. Obviously he has to gain weight, but it's been said so many times yet it's so true, he's going to fit in extremely well with Luke's vision for the team with his skillset and his mentality

Nance: First things first, fortunate that his fall only resulted in the sprain. Hopefully he learns his lesson from that and realizes he can't expose himself in the air in precarious situations. That being said, so many positives. Along with BI, he's the most unselfish player on the team, showed that he's been putting some work in on the jumper (although you can still see the hesitation when he misses a few in a row), and as always, he puts in work on the glass and defensively (probably our best individual and team defender). Once his jumper becomes consistent, he is going to be such a useful 2 way player, esp with all the space he's going to have off our multiple PnR action sets.

Zubac: Looks like Mitch has done it again with his 2nd round picks. I knew he had really good skill on the low block but what really stuck out to me was his defensive timing, comfort shooting the 15-18 footer, screen setting and speed up/down the court. Dude is also still only a teenager but he has certainly shown he can make an impact. He was projected as mid 1st talent and he showed why.

AB: He was def trying to show out offensively because Luke and staff told him that he needs to be more aggressive...he's clearly not comfortable with it yet. That being said, if he can get his legs under him on his jumper, he can be a solid 3 and D contributor for us.

Zach August: Still obviously very raw offensively as he tries to just overpower defenders, but he's certainly a horse on the glass and on his rotations. Also a really good screen-setter. Will definitely get an invite to camp.

Munford/Jabari Brown: I put them together because both of them are basically the same type of player in my eyes. 1v1 blackhole players with very limited vision. The former might get an invite to camp but I don't see him making the team.