Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyou wanna send me a screenshot so i know what you're talking about?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2532116&mesg_id=2553564
2553564, you wanna send me a screenshot so i know what you're talking about?
Posted by rob, Fri Jul-01-16 11:28 PM
this really seems weird to me. and you keep assuming i'm not owning up to something when i've always been pretty clear on "liking the spurs" then "liking the thunder" but "still liking the spurs more when they both became contenders." i don't have to stop liking the thunder just because they're contenders. i don't have to show you my spurs receipts. especially when there isn't even a rivalry between the two teams.

why does it have to be dishonesty or disloyalty for someone to be a *slightly* different kind of fan than you?

why do you want these *slight* differences of degree, really just differences in phrasing, to be so important?

why is your way of living vicariously through an nba team or enjoying a sport okay but my *slightly* different way rub you the wrong way?

plenty of people been bandwagoning jumping or claiming multiple squads/players, and i didn't even do that! i just had the audacity to cross your imaginary line between appreciating a team and identifying with one.

you know this ain't about that. you would not be bothering with this shit if the lakers hadn't fallen off a cliff, the spurs hadn't handled the transition to post-duncan, or the thunder hadn't stayed a threat.

seems a pretty clear deflection to me, just like you're using it for in this post.