Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti think a team that doesn't do what it says it's going to do
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2532116&mesg_id=2553518
2553518, i think a team that doesn't do what it says it's going to do
Posted by rob, Fri Jul-01-16 08:47 PM
doesn't know what it's doing.

i think that, yeah, it's fair to say that mitch, having built entirely different teams in the past, chosen the wrong vets and the wrong coaches, might not know what he's doing here. i think it's to say that son of buss has never given any indication he's any different than all these other mediocre owners (other than maybe being less invested in basketball?) might not know what he's doing here. i think that maybe, maybe, a team that let kobe guide the franchise for 5 years is going to have a hard time learning how to make decisions again.

i wasn't saying that to make light of the faith in the process in l.a. i was saying i'm not sure if knowing what you're doing when you hit bottom even matters, because so much of this is luck.

it's not a bad plan to trust the young guys. especially when it's your only option. i just think it's interesting that it's taken this long to come to this conclusion.

and i think it's interesting that the delusions that said l.a. was the place to be are now playing into (some of the lakers fans that remain) overvaluing guys like clarkson, russell, and randle.