Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThey trashed them
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2531090&mesg_id=2538037
2538037, They trashed them
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Thu May-12-16 01:48 AM
I liked how they took away a lot of the high offense from Dallas in the series. Dallas didn't get much out of its defense, Goligoski had garbage time points only. Klingberg, nothing, I would say his lack of production hurt them more than Seguin's absence. He is a very important player for them and he opens up the zone for those other big guns. Lack of experience on defense was a clear problem coming into the series and the Blues exploited it. They will have their hands full with San Jose or Nashville in that regard but they know what worked in this series.

I think Nashville would be a favorable matchup for them, they are pretty well equipped to handle the Predators' size. St Louis's forwards have played very well defensively. The Sharks are a tough out, probably the best skating team in the west, deep on defense and have guys who are hot (and generally play well in big games, surprisingly). That will be a helluva series, I would much rather see that.