Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject1. Owens vs Ambrose for the WWE Title
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2509270
2509270, 1. Owens vs Ambrose for the WWE Title
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jan-12-16 06:30 PM
First and foremost I’d make this a youth movement in a massive way. I’d make this the show where new stars are born and sell this as a new beginning. A new, well, goddamnit… day. Lol.

I’d make it a point to use this show to create fresh stars. I don’t give two fucks about 100,000 tickets. I’d sell this as something we’ll look back on as a pivotal night where we all bore witness to the rise of the next generation of major stars, guys coming into their own, yadda yadda yadda. I think they could bring back some lapsed fans and indy marks with my plan to help boost ticket sales, but who knows.

1. Owens vs Ambrose for the WWE Title

Why?

-We need to make new stars. That time is NOW and these are the two best choices. Plus, despite being mired in 50/50 nonsense they can flip a switch with both of these guys with ease to get them ready for Mania. Tell the story of Owen’s incredible first year and his obsession with Ambrose for beating him for the IC strap. Owens wins the rumble and since the winner usually gets the match at Mania, Dean can make the argument that decision can be made that the IC champ should be the de facto #1contender. Del Rio would pop up and make the same argument for the US champ, despite not having the title.

Del Rio vows to get the strap back and does with help from the LON, and this sets up a non-title match at Fastlane for a shot at the WWE title at Mania that Ambrose wins despite interference from League of Nations members on orders from The Authority. Reigns makes the save on this and we get IC Champ vs WWE Champ in the main.

Winner: Ambrose. KO will get a nice three month run as a sadistic, white hot heel and Ambrose is just the guy to prevent KO from getting too many smarks to cheer for him. Both guys get over and elevate to the title picture.

2. Brock vs Reigns.

Why?

-Roman decides that putting an end to The Authority is the biggest priority in all of WWE and decides his pursuit of the title must wait until he gets rid of The Authority, because the Authority starts putting the screws to all the faces in order to fuck with Reigns.

He decides to do this after learning that the LON interference in the Calisto/Del Rio match was on orders of the Authority and Calisto winds up hurt in a bad way. Reigns makes a proposal: he’ll sign a contract that prohibits him from ever getting another WWE title match against the very existence of The Authority. No gimmicks. No out clauses for either party. No loopholes where only Cena can rehire them. All or nothing. He challenges Hunter to a match at Mania.

Hunter counters under the same terms, but with one key change: Brock fights in Hunters place. Reigns expected this and signs. Brock signs up on some mercenary shit because that’s what he is anyways. Heyman also makes it clear that it’s in Brock’s best interest to keep the Authority in power because they’re lining his pockets.

After The Authority signs, Reigns drops a bombshell: in their arrogance as McMahons (yeah you too Hunter, lol) under the impression they can easily stack the deck, they signed without reading the entire contract and didn’t catch a major element of the deal. The Rock will be present in Romans corner for this match…. But he’s also a fair man (ahem: babyface) and says that the contract also allows Hunter to be in Brocks corner, but no one else is allowed at ringside.

Then we get a few Heyman/Rock promo battles along the road to Mania.
Winner: Reigns, for obvious reasons. Say audios to the Authority and plant seeds for Brock/Rock down the road somewhere that’s not Mania. Probably Survivor Series as that show needs a boost.

Plus we get Rock + Hunter without them having the actual match, which I don't fucking want for anything. We do get the rub though.

3.Taker vs… who knows. Who gives a fuck, really.

Why? Who cares. I don’t care. Unless they bring up Baron Corbin or Samoa Joe or some shit for this and make it a point to use Takers legacy to mint a new star (in WWE, in Joe’s case) I just plain don’t give a fuck. I’m over Taker at Mania. If I had it my way he’d retire and be gone from Mania. Sorry. But he’s going to be there and people still seem to want to watch the Deadmans Corpse lumber around and I’m fantasy booking to some degree based on things that have at least some chance of happening so I guess I have to include him. If I had that book I would bring up Joe for this match.

Winner: I could care less. Personally I would book Joe and elevate him here.

4. Balor Club vs The Wyatt family.

Why?

THIS IS AWESOME. That’s why. This is THAT match. I’d book BC strong and introduce Balor’s Demon at Mania. I’d have TWF set this one off. I’d have Balor and Bray head up these promos with Brays usual deal and Balor telling Bray he doesn’t know what he’s dealing with, teasing the Demon along the way. I’d consider adding some members to each group too as part of the story on the way to Mania. Probably kill this social outcasts bullshit and have Bray pull Hennig and Slater to the Wyatts and add to Corbin to BC for the rub.

I think this match could be a big selling point if built properly.

Who goes over: Wyatts and I’d put Bray and Harper over strong. I’m not sure how I’d do the finish because everyone needs to look strong here regardless of who goes over. Wyatts need some juice though and I’d continue this until SS with the BC ultimately coming out on top.

That’s the top of my Mania card. Not sure about the rest. I think Del Rio vs Neville with Neville going over would work well. There's still Ziggler, Bryan, Ryback, Show, New Day, Usos, etc to book but aside from Bryan there's nobody I really want in my top 4 matches.

I might debut Nakamura the on the post Mania Raw. I’d have Brock come out and fuck up some mid card guys during a match and have him repeat later in the show. Maybe say he’s sending a message on behalf of the Authority. The Authority may be gone, but Brock’s still here and he’s still a hired hand and they’ve paid him handsomely to make sure the WWE roster knows they can still make shit happen.

Whatever. I’d refine that idea down the road but I’d have Brock putting on his second beating of the night and have Nakamura come out and get in his face. Brock stops dead in his tracks, looks like he’s seen a goddamned ghost and bounces.

I think this would firmly establish fresh faces and a fresh direction for WWE as a whole with this. Everyone is built into a big deal, some things get resolved and others get built up for another payoff down the road.