Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI always felt those matches were best left to the 3 other shows
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2507914
2507914, I always felt those matches were best left to the 3 other shows
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-07-16 01:04 PM
and post-mania programs. I also don't think it's wise to continuously make these guys such a heavy Mania presence whether they're wrestling each other or younger guys.

If we saw something this year along the lines of Brock vs Owens and, say, Taker vs Fin Balor (deadman vs the demon? Sign me up) and that was it, yeah I’m all in on something like that. But when you look at the bulk of the upper card and see nothing but old part timers, the truth is that is still at the expense of younger talent who should begin to occupy those slots. Not to mention that Sasha Banks is the sort of talent who should occupy one of those upper tier spots.

It’s time to move on from the attitude era completely when it comes to Mania and start utilizing these older guys throughout the rest of the year in order to build younger talent into Mania headliners and begin to limit the role of throwback guys for Mania so that when we get the one or two part timers at Mania it actually feels special.

I say start those programs on the post Mania raw so that when the following Mania roles around we have a younger and fresher set of stars ready to do the heavy lifting next year.