Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis Wrestlemania always looked like shit anyways.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2507902
2507902, This Wrestlemania always looked like shit anyways.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jan-07-16 12:09 PM
It was always projected to be another Old Man Mania. This card never looked good to me. It always looked awful. It was always going to be some boring ass combination of old guys.

Cena, Hunter, Rock, Brock, Taker and possibly Sting were always projected to be in the top matches here.

Reigns and Seth were the young guys in that mix but that was pretty much it.

What’s worse now is that with Cena down that probably means Jericho gets slotted in there somewhere. OH BOY CAN’T FUCKING WAIT FOR THAT. Whoopdeefuckingdo. I get to hear more horrendously antiquated shouts of BABAAAAY! For the next 3 months.

Rock? Oh boy. It’s gonna be electrifying! Can’t wait for some more gay jokes and badly dated promo style. I got my nostalgia fill a few years back and I got one more year than I needed from him. I’m good on that.

Taker looks like an old ass drag queen now. Wrestles like one too and we’re probably going to be stuck looking at more of that awkward chin length hair. I get that I’m picking at cosmetic shit but that’s because it stands out a great deal and I just don’t give two fucks about anything he does now since his Mania programs are now just shoehorned into the card because they’re just coasting on it being TakerMania.

Hunter? Yeah I don’t see enough of him and his wife emasculating the entire roster the rest of the year. I need more Hunter like fucking cowbell. The possibilities of a tag match with McHelmsley vs Rock & Rousey was never interesting beyond some TMZ shit. Sure it would have driven buys and on its own on another card could have been interesting but since it was always going to be slotted in the muck and mire of mothballs and dentures anyways.

Brock is exciting until you realize he’s been utilized nearly exclusively with Hunter, Brock, and Cena for this entire run. Seth and Roman made things interesting last year but there wasn’t much of a program last year aside from a sitdown interview and the go home confrontation. Now if they had some fucking balls they’d start booking Owens vs Brock NOW and make that shit the headliner. Please, everyone, spare me the bullshit about Owens not being ready or Rock meaning more buys or whatever. WE NEED NEW STARS. Not old ones. Not unless it's Punk. Or hell, Angle, if he could fucking survive Mania season.

There was never anything truly intriguing about this show and the only thing that perks my ears now is that so much is up in the air. That interest dies an agonizing death when I realize this will most likely mean throwing big money at more Attitude Era guys to fill the main event because YET AGAIN, they haven’t bothered to build anyone up to true star status and likely won’t.

I remember people saying dumb shit when Rock was back talking that ‘rising tide lifts all boats’ stupidity, and all I see today is a washed up shoreline and ships that would be worth sailing if Vince would grow some goddamn grapefruits and go outside the box of his weirdly geriatric preteen sensibilies and hesitance toward all the shit that actually makes pro wrestling work instead of this mind numbingly dumb philosophy of trotting out guys who used to headline as the current headliners.

Sure it may sell a couple more subs for the month and add a couple buys for the PPV side but all the pop culture bullshit and retiree headliners NEEDS TO FUCKING STOP until they build some fucking stars and THEN add the retirees and pop culture stars in small doses so we can stop living in the goddamned attitude era in 2016.
Yeah I’m mad.