Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTHIS IS AWESOMEis fine. It just needs smarter fans to chant
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2502657
2502657, THIS IS AWESOMEis fine. It just needs smarter fans to chant
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Dec-16-15 04:29 PM
I've seen too many THIS IS AWESOME chants in response to garden variety moments.

Oh, someone went through a table?

Meh.

Smarter fans- actual smart fans who have a reasonable understanding of how and why pro wrestling works, not guys that just keep up on behind the scenes gossip and regurgitate the opinions of the Mark Maddens of the world- would have the restraint it takes to make that an effective chant.

So, I suppose it should be retired if only because those fans are much further and fewer in between than the apes that currently chant that nonsense at every turn.

Agreed on the character centric chants, though I think this is usually a fail with heels.

NOBODY should be cheering Kevin Owens, especially his rabid fans. When I want to reward a good heel that I like, I boo him relentless and say every foul thing short of insulting his mama, because that's what they're working for. These idiots who cheer him are too busy trying to be "in the know" to realize they're cutting his balls off.

The Sheamus "you look stupid" nonsense is another masturbatory chant IMO.