Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: NXT: London
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2502633
2502633, RE: NXT: London
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Dec-16-15 03:10 PM
>So TLC was bookended with very decent bouts (shout out
>Kalisto and Jey for bump of the year), but the middle sucked
>pretty hard for me. Skipped a lot.
>

Watching Reigns for the wrestling is a rewarding thing. He's a big strong kid who is visibly 'athletic' and can do some fun stuff. He takes shots and gives them out. Aka solid hossery. His horrid booking and rough mic-work don't ruin that for me. Someone watched a Shield DVD and realized that the kid is at his best when he's intensely blowing stuff up.

>The REAL draw is tonight... got tickets in the bag, first time
>I've been to a live event since I was a kid. NXT was too good
>to miss at the moment... even the lady's kind of hyped.

Enjoy the show! My next scheduled live show is Mania in Dallas. I'd like to catch NXT at some point while it is still a great little thing that folks love.

Predictions? This is just another good NXT card. The wrestling is gonna be on too because NXT.

- Joe and Finn kill it. Demon Finn = SNK Boss status so it is auto-win if he breaks it out. But they'll make it close to make Joe look great. I was scurred for a minute, but Joe looks like he wants to be there right now.
- Bayley is my dog. I like her and Sami like the biggest marks like Daniel Bryan. IE: I care if she wins or not. Even this mini battle with Nia is gonna work on me. Bayley will sell the danger because she's lady Sami Zayn. Nia will benefit because she's big enough for folks to buy it. Everyone wins.
- Realest Guys all the way. They're both healthy. It is on.
- Apollo and Baron will be the sneaky good match aka the Tyler Breeze match of the show. Apollo ain't losing though. He's Super Mario with a star and no pits status right now. He's borderline P-Wing, but not quite. And yes, they're gonna give us some 'movez' and reversals.
- Asuka has been handled well. The mood changes and 'trust us, these strikes hurt/kill' build is good stuff for me. She's winning unless there's heavy shenanigans.

>
>Card:
>
>NXT Championship Match:
>
>-Finn Bálor (c) vs. Samoa Joe
>
>NXT Women’s Championship Match:
>
>-Bayley (c) vs. Nia Jax
>
>NXT Tag Team Championship Match:
>
>-Dash & Dawson (c) vs. Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady
>
>-Apollo Crews vs. Baron Corbin
>
>-Asuka vs. Emma
>
>Thoughts/Predictions?
>
>I think Balor wins (can't see him dropping the strap in the UK
>tbh... especially when the BBC ran a documentary this week on
>his time in Japan)
>
>Bayley retains after a couple of failed attempts at the Bayley
>to Belly, finally slamming Nia Hulk/Andre style... or possible
>Nia DQ.
>
>Enzo and Cass have to take the tag straps after their promo
>last week, right? I won't be mad if they don't (Dash and
>Dawson are exactly the sort of Brain Busters inspired tag
>heels WWE need), but I'm not sure where they'll go if not.
>
>Crews goes over Corbin in a hossfest. Expecting some big
>hits.
>
>Emma to run Asuka close, but Asuka to get the win... unless
>there's some Dana interference setting up the eventual
>handicap finale.