Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: I wonder if all these HOF wrestlers turning sour will make a differnce
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2497551
2497551, RE: I wonder if all these HOF wrestlers turning sour will make a differnce
Posted by jimaveli, Wed Nov-25-15 02:57 PM
>I feel like Vince may not respect his writers and staff, but
>he respects Austin and Foley and these wrestlers who are
>publicly bashing the company. I wonder if this will get his
>ear.

They have to really understand 'why' something works when it works to understand why it doesn't when it doesn't. I deal with that at my gig all the time. People want the good stuff from before to happen without doing the hard work or the framework that went into making the good stuff possible. I think this is Vince's/WWE's biggest issue.

It is NOT a case of them all being clueless. I'm pretty sure HHH and Regal know enough to know that the product is lacking. NXT is proof that they can do wrestling 'right' per old folk standards.

It is possible that WWE has spread themselves too thin. NXT is good. The network as a whole is good. They are obviously recruiting 'good wrestlers who can work'. But it all falls apart on the main shows because they have yet to truly change the template to match the current situation. Saying 'go to twitta and talk about us' <> having a show that is worth talking about. Having 15-30 minutes of event-less talking to start most shows in 2015 when folks have entirely too many options is a joke.

They could also probably use a little well-done title hotshot era to TRY to make a few folks hotter. I'm not saying every week, but let's say 5 or 6 dudes get to be champ during a year for different amounts of time. As it stands, it is reasonably obvious that almost no one can be the main champ. That takes suspense out of almost all title matches. That has to be fixed. Even 80s Flair would throw in a 'lose to Ronnie Garvin' every now and then. Even 90s nWo Hogan would get beat every now and again. Now, if Cena or Brock have a belt they basically have to get shot and/or outrageously cheated to lose most of the time.