Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectthis isn't reigns hate, it's booking hate
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2497146
2497146, this isn't reigns hate, it's booking hate
Posted by pretentious username, Tue Nov-24-15 09:27 AM

he's greatly improved in the ring and i think he can be champ with the right circumstances, but the writing for him is just plain dumb. i don't actually care about him staying in the ring or trying to earn his way up, i'm mostly just having some fun with those, but the character is written REALLY dumb. his motivations are really fuzzy and something about family and brothers and punching people in the mouth and blah blah blah.

they've tried to fix everything they did wrong before last year's rumble, but they've only gone halfway. this latest tournament does not make him a sympathetic figure, and that was the whole point.

>Triple H has done nothing to warrant a spear?

not recently, no. he offered reigns a deal to shoot straight to the top, just like he had earned. reigns decided not to... fine. had HHH gone out of his way to try to screw him during the tourney, THEN he deserves a spear. but he didn't. he let the tournament play out, watched reigns earn it, then came out for the handshake. even if you don't trust his intentions, BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR SHEAMUS.

OF COURSE the plan would be HHH serves as the distraction while sheamus cashes in.