Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFull PPV thoughts
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2496839
2496839, Full PPV thoughts
Posted by pretentious username, Mon Nov-23-15 11:36 AM
The fact that they continue to abide by "time constraints" when they have their own network they can do anything with confuses me greatly. They don't even seem to care When Raw's final match starts at 10:55, but PPVs that aren't paid per view have strict rules. Ambrose-Reigns should have gone longer. Afterall, how long does a coronation and cash-in really take? I guess I prefer a 1-2 month Sheamus run over a boring babyface Reigns win, but I think there were many more creative ways to go with this. Have to chalk this up in the disappointment column.

The semifinals were the clear highlight to me, which probably shouldn't happen. Reigns-Del Rio was nice, and made a rudderless ADR look decent in a loss that needed to happen. Ambrose-Owens was the match of the night.

Taker's win was fan service and I'm totally fine with that. Still, putting Harper in only makes sense from a booking standpoint, but from Bray's angle... why the hell wouldn't you put in Strong Broman? Isn't bray supposed to be smart or something?

I was really disappointed in the "We Want Sasha" chants during Charlotte-Paige. I'd argue that it gets your point across on Raw and Smackdown, but is pointless on a PPV. WTF do you think they're gonna do, call an audible and throw Banks in there? Mind you, I'm the biggest Sasha fan, and this feud does nothing for me, but I still saw it as disrespectful to the performers. The match was no classic, but they were putting together something that made sense and then the air was sucked out of the room by those chants.

But that's not to let WWE off the hook here. They tried a desperate attempt at throwing it into 6th gear last week, then eased off the gas by not mentioning Reid at all yesterday. If you're gonna go there you gotta commit. You're not gonna get any more outside criticism than you already have, and Paige could get much-needed heat.

Breeze-Ziggler happened and was booked correctly. That's all I have to say about that. I skipped both SS matches cause I started late and needed to sleep.