Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectnot turning Reigns last night is a missed opportunity.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2494502&mesg_id=2496820
2496820, not turning Reigns last night is a missed opportunity.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Nov-23-15 10:48 AM
they're too afraid to take risks anymore. Cena is out, so they just need to plug an affable babyface in his spot. That's their panicky line of thinking.

I maintain that they should've turned Roman Reigns last night. Then he's a made man and you spend all Winter with Ambrose chasing him, in turn heating them BOTH up even more.

When they turned Rock for the first time at Surivor Series, by the time Mania rolled around people were REALLY ready to cheer him. They should've done the same thing here. Right today Reigns isn't a consensus favorite; by April he would've been, after a long heel run.

If Reigns sells out, he could state his case from a pragmatic and vulnerable place - he was so close at Wrestlemania, it ate him alive all year long, and he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to become champion again. Simple as that, he went with a guarantee.

And then you can add another layer to Ambrose.
Ambrose is a cartoon character right now, wrestling in jeans and playing crazy and bouncing off the ropes in the middle of matches. I don't get him, but I'm evidently in the minority because he's almost REALLY over. So think about how interesting it would be if after Reigns turns, crazy man Ambrose is ironically the one guy who's left standing alone without having ever sacrificed his ideals. Go deep with it - "I never had friends, I never trusted anyone, and now the only two guys I ever believed in have both stabbed me in the back." Now he's incensed! And the empathy is built in too - not only is he angrier than ever but dammit everyone is BOUGHT IN on this guy getting his revenge.

I just think mostly through no fault of his own that Reigns is pretty uninteresting. Ambrose is also not my cup of tea. Turning Roman Reigns heel could've made both him and Ambrose a lot more intriguing.