Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAt least we know Ba's government now
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2488475&mesg_id=2490688
2490688, At least we know Ba's government now
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Tue Nov-03-15 09:19 PM
LMAO yo Ba you gotta admit this is the cysiest non-onion article ever written in the history of sportskind.

http://www.nba.com/heat/newsrecap/he-follows
click the link so you get all the animated gifs of Winslow not reacting LOL

here are the choice quotes

OMG he got scored on but he stayed so stoic. BAHAHAHAHHA

It’s the sort of call that can derail many rookies. They’ll feel like an established player is getting the benefit of the whistle, and they’ll react. It might be a visceral, emotional reaction. It might lead to gabbing at the officials, or blaming a teammate. More often than not, it leads to further mistakes.

But Winslow? Nothing.

What seems to separate Winslow from the pack is his mind, his unwavering stoicism on the defensive end and the fact that he actually cares.

“Whether it was in High-School, with Team USA, Duke, I always just took defense personally,” Winslow said. “There was never one person that showed me how to play defense. I think everyone can play defense, it’s about really wanting to. Some guys are more athletic of course, but you have to lock in and want to do it. Not everyone wants to do that.”

“Guys will make tough shots, guys are going to miss open shots or miss hard shots,” Winslow said. “You just got to stay even-keeled.”

And when Winslow was chasing Harden around screens a forcing him into tough, contested misses, he had the exact same reaction.

“LeBron was scoring on me, wasn’t really scoring on me, but if you look at my facial expressions on both those guys, it never really changed,” Winslow said. “Same facial expression when LeBron was scoring, the same when James was missing shots.”

OMG he stayed on the floor vs a jumpshooter!!!!

“They’re fakes, so there’s no point in leaving the ground,” Winslow said. “You just have to stay disciplined. I go for fakes a lot, but it helps when you have a guy like Dwyane in practice. You can get used to fakes from there. Just try to stay down and be the second one off the floor.”

There’s something spooky about that. Winslow isn’t on the court playing with manic energy, hopping around and waving his hands like crazy. He’s just there, waiting, expressionless. Score on him? He’s there. Miss your shot? He’s there. Silent, steady and ready, like a horror villain always walking towards his prey. The basketball version of It Follows.

AHAHHAHAHAHAH
“He looks like that. That’s his mad face, same as his happy face, I guess,” Bosh said.