Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI mean....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2462641&mesg_id=2462714
2462714, I mean....
Posted by murph71, Sat Jul-04-15 03:30 AM

if u have an anti-CP3 agenda/over-thinking this move/or u happen to be a DJ STAN, then I can see how u could mistake DJ bolting for the Mavs as a sensible move....

But I'm sorry....Ain't nothing sensible about this move...

All of the great players, whether they won championships or not are pretty much assholes...But there's a difference between being an asshole vs. letting your assholia have an detrimental effect on team chemistry and team success.....The Clippers, with CP3 freezing out hi-fives and making DJ cry, was a injury away from making the Western Conference Finals...

I see people trying to compare DJ bolting to the Mavs to Dwight bolting the Lakers....That's pretty much ridiculous. Kobe chased away a quality big man (D Howard, who actually led his OWN team to a Finals. He left to go to Houston, which proved to be a better situation) when he was well past his prime years....

DJ bolted a playoff team for a lesser team because he wanted to get his ego stroked....

DJ took less money because he wanted to get his ego stroked....

DJ bolted the Clippers despite the fact that much of his success depended on CP3's ability to get him some of the easiest baskets known to man....

Yeah, of course it hurts the Clips....DJ was their defensive anchor...Dude set nasty screens and allowed teammates to have space off because he was a rebounding threat....

But DJ is delusional if he thinks he is going to go beyond being a damn good defensive/rebounding talent without talented guard play...

Basically DJ took less money and went to a shakier situation with no real PG or combo guard because he got his feeling hurt....

Silly nigga....