Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMost of our problems were solved when Thibs left
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2459525&mesg_id=2459809
2459809, Most of our problems were solved when Thibs left
Posted by DVS, Thu Jun-25-15 09:57 AM
Now, with a new coach, we'll get a chance to see how good this team can be in its current incarnation.

There isn't much that can be done with the roster. It is what it is. But what it is is pretty damned good.

I'm interested to see what The Mayor can do with the offense. It's not like the offense was bad...it just got mired with long scoring droughts.

The biggest story this season will be what our bench can contribute. McBuckets is going to get more tick....Snell needs to step up as a better 3 and D prospect, which is really all we need from him. If those two can spell Jimmy so that's he's not completely exhausted....we'll be back in the thick come playoff time.

I'm interested to see what a fully healthy summer will do for D Rose and Butler. I don't think the playoffs was an accurate representation. With the minutes and practice time down this year....I think they will start to gel. They truly have the potential to be a devastating backcourt....all they need is familiarity.

Frontcourt will be interesting. With Taj on the mend...that opens things up for Noah, Pau and Mirotic to man the front. Nikola is going to be a major part of the 2nd unit with his ability to act as a stretch four. I'm expecting his conditioning to make a jump and he should be a fringe starter by season end.

All in all....it's a pipe dream thinking we are going to catch the Cavs if the whole team comes back. They lost...so they are going to improve. The Cavs team that played in the Finals? We would have beaten them...Kyrie was key to the Bulls loss. We need to figure out how to handle two players able to create their own shot at any given time.

I'm enthused. I don't know if this group can win a title, but they have a fighting chance. That'll have to do this year

D