Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI dont think using the phrase 'bitch and complain' was very smart
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2449648&mesg_id=2449649
2449649, I dont think using the phrase 'bitch and complain' was very smart
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue May-26-15 02:30 PM
I am starting to wonder if this guy even cares about keeping his job or if he just had some severe dirt on the ownership that makes him bullet proof.

I think he *easily* could have just said something tactful like "We value our prospects and having a winning future just as much as any fan does, and we want to make sure that the timing is right, that these guys are successful in the long term. We can't be hasty and rush anyone, especially pitchers, who are so finely tuned physically and mentally in this league."

But noooooooo, he had to go antagonizing the people who butter his bread. Fuck him.

Even in his more tempered comment, he makes it a case of "we know better than you." That's an accomplishment, because he is speaking to the mutual interest of the management and the fan, yet somehow making it out to sound like the fan has one goal and the organization has another, the latter being preferable. This guy is such a bum, we wouldn't be in this position if he didn't make every obviously overpriced signing under the sun and gut the farm system in the first place.