Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCP3s other gifts are underrated
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2436578&mesg_id=2440126
2440126, CP3s other gifts are underrated
Posted by MothershipConnection, Mon Apr-27-15 10:24 AM
Steph might be the most terrifying shooter I've ever seen and no team in their right mind would let Curry try and beat them, while teams try and make CP3 a scorer to beat them (which he often does). Teams go under on screens to CP3 even though he was pretty much a 40% three point shooter this year. So yeah purely on offense I'd take Curry's defense bending shooting.

But all the other shit CP3 does besides shooting adds up. Dude can still control a game even when his shot is off, which you can't really say about Curry (nevermind Steph's shooting is rarely that far off). He basically never turns the ball over despite a crazy usage rate, which has been a problem for Steph in the past. Steph had his best playmaking year this year... and he still didn't come close to CP3's assist rate. He might be the only point guard in the league that never gets a break on D. He carries the offense AND he's always guarding the opposing team's PG, who usually is the opposing team's best perimeter threat these days, and does it at a high level. There's plenty of possessions Golden State gives Curry a blow on D while they have Thompson or Iggy chase point guards.

I'm hoping the Clips get past the Spurs here and meet GS in the WCF so this gets settled on the court. Their regular season series each had a game where one team was shorthanded (which the less injured team won easily) and the last contest was a great game. The Clips biggest weakness, that horrific bench, gets less emphasis in the playoffs and Griffin is playing at a higher level now than he ever did in the regular season... but Draymond gives him trouble too. CP3 vs Steph in the playoffs last year was a battle already and I wanna see it again.