Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSteph maybe, I barely consider Kyrie or Russy to even be the same position
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2436578&mesg_id=2440077
2440077, Steph maybe, I barely consider Kyrie or Russy to even be the same position
Posted by MothershipConnection, Mon Apr-27-15 01:00 AM
Kyrie and Russy are basically 2 guards who happen to be the best ballhandler on the team (sorta like Wade in Miami though obviously different styles), and with Bron in Cleveland now I seriously doubt Kyrie does enough heavy lifting to be in a career convo with CP3.

Steph is probably gonna get his 1st MVP this year which CP3 will probably never get and he's lead an absolutely dominant regular season team (CP3s teams have never been super dominant, just plain real good) and his long range shooting is something few have had in league history, but still he hasn't gotten any further than CP3 in the playoffs and he's only 3 years younger than him. CP3 will always probably be a better defender than him though Steph is improved in that regard and he's far from a bad outside shooter himself, he's actually really good at that it's just that Steph is otherworldly. CP3 was more explosive as a young guy and has already handled a slip in his athleticism gracefully, Steph has never relied on being explosive but I wonder if he'll regress to being a Nash-like liability on D as he gets older and slower.

Either way Steph and CP3 are all-timers and we should appreciate them but CP3 always seems to be taken for granted.