Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSoccer Don said during opening wkend announcement would be in 45-60 days
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2426780&mesg_id=2428951
2428951, Soccer Don said during opening wkend announcement would be in 45-60 days
Posted by celery77, Thu Mar-12-15 12:38 PM
there's four markets they've keyed in on, although I can't recall them all right now. Personally, I'll be surprised if Sacramento is not one of them, but if they can't get a deal in place for a downtown stadium, they're likely out. It's the same thing in Miami -- Don has apparently said they didn't expect David Beckham to exercise his ownership option so soon -- if Becks gets his stadium lined up, it's all his, but without a stadium it seems like the league will move forward regardless. I feel like San Antonio is another one? Three teams in Texas, when two of them don't draw in stadium that great, doesn't make sense to me... I'm pretty sure Las Vegas is just out.

But you're probably hearing local media closer to the source. If they're giving strong indications, they might be getting strong word from MLS.