Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMLS 2015: one more year + we can legally get in the club!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2426780&mesg_id=2426780
2426780, MLS 2015: one more year + we can legally get in the club!
Posted by celery77, Fri Mar-06-15 09:40 AM
Happy 20th birthday MLS!!

Such a long road to get here, still so many challenges ahead. I'm proud to see you've finally outgrown Chivas USA, are able to leave such childish things behind. As gifts we got you Orlando City and 'offspring company' NYCFC, cool new sets that come complete with their own David Villa and Kaka (we'll get you Frank Lampard in time, too, but that's on layaway right now...). We've moved the warm blanket of Landon Donovan to the attic, as well, because while we know you love it, that thing definitely has had enough. We decided to go with an extra big party for your 20th, too, so we hope you're as excited as we are to the guest list includes names such as Giovinco, Kljestan, Mix, Jozy, Gerrard (RSVP pending), Xavi (need to check we sent invite to the right address). Punch bowl is near the new dance floor in San Jose, let's get started!

Overall I'm fantastically relieved the owners thawed and moved a little in the player's direction, a strike would have been disastrous for both sides. I'm beyond excited for this season (even if it looks to be a bumpy road to start for the Timbers). I will be sticking new implements of pain into my Ossi Alonso voodoo doll every day. And having regular, EVERY Sunday afternoon soccer on ESPN is going to be so awesome (bye bye NFL, I won't need your weekend distraction this year).