Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: yep. too little too late.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2425709&mesg_id=2472694
2472694, RE: yep. too little too late.
Posted by Awburn, Fri Aug-28-15 09:16 AM
>Why was 2012 the shot when they had the best record in the NL
>in 2014 and closed out the season 32-13? They had plenty of
>opportunity in that Giants series, lost 3 games by 1 run and
>the Giants offense was bad.

We know 2014 wasnt the shot just cuz it didnt happen. I guess they were missing a healthy zimmerman towards the end, but they are always missing a healthy zimmerman. Otherwise, they pretty much gave it their best shot and just failed. I've defended the decision to shut down stras and still get the rationale, but there is some unknown about the potential outcome of 2012...

>They should be very competitive next year. Ross slots in well,
>Giolito probably debuts next year and could be a game changer.
>Desmond to Turner might not be a drop-off at all. Michael A.
>Taylor should improve. I think a more healthy 2016 team could
>win 90 games. Whatever magic pixie dust is being sprinkled on
>that Mets line-up might have run out next year.

A lot of things could happen - Giolito, Turner, Ross, Taylor, maybe Roark step in and there is no real drop at all. All are young, mostly healthy guys and window stays open for another 3 years. If Stras reaches his potential consistently and Rendon returns to form, they could be great, but a lot has to click in order to go from competitive to favorites again.

It'd be fun to
>be in competition with another team in September for once.

I guess. I have an NFL/NBA mentality. I want you to go 12-4 and make the conference champ game. Win 55 games and make the ECF. Boswell talks about how emotionally hard it is to watch baseball for 162 games... i dont think i can take first round losses and missing the playoffs every other year after a 6 month reg season lol.

----------
"To face that guy twice a year is going to be a headache. He takes away from your enthusiasm for the game a little bit." Justin Tuck on (rookie-year) RG3