Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLooking like Taylor will hold down that spot until Span gets healthy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2425709&mesg_id=2433290
2433290, Looking like Taylor will hold down that spot until Span gets healthy
Posted by Call It Anything, Mon Mar-30-15 06:02 PM
I'm alright with that. He's had a pretty good spring. He's got more pop than Span and he's shown the ability to take a walk in the minors. I think he probably gives away a step in the OF, but he's probably the best plug-in depending on how comfortable Harper feels over there these days.

I'm not too keen on batting him lead-off. I get it. He's a black OF with good speed, so he's going to hit first because that's what traditional managers do. But there is a logical argument that it doesn't make sense to give extra ABs to guy who isn't necessarily good enough to crack the line-up on his But Taylor has some ability, he's just unproven. This isn't hitting Asdrubal Cabrera and Kevin Frandsen either 2nd or 8th depending on which side the coin landed on. Those guys were proven commodities whose skill set did not include getting on base with above average frequency.

Just get everybody healthy by September.