Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe decisionmaking is what troubles me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2399758&mesg_id=2422164
2422164, The decisionmaking is what troubles me
Posted by Beamer6178, Wed Feb-18-15 06:59 PM
Those closer to the ground can correct me if wrong, but I'm hearing that management had an issue with such a high paid coaching staff (even though the fucking coaching staff WON games), and that they were trying to sabotage Harbaugh early on. When Jay Glazer, Deion, and Trent Dilfer were saying all that shit early, was it all fabricated by them as mouthpieces of management, or was there some validity to it?

Aside from the clusterfuck of playcalling laid out above (which is not surprising by the way given the results), the main thing I lay at Harbaugh's feet is the stunted development of the franchise quarterback he made major moves to place at the helm, and subsequently, the offense. As an offensive coach, it SHOULD have improved. Kaep has shit he needs to work on but damn if he hasn't gotten worse the LONGER he's been in the system.

Not saying my first choice would have been to fire Harbaugh, and definitely not in the way they chose to do it, but I was becoming increasingly frustrated with offensive ineptitude. That being said, management doesn't look as if the plan AFTER Harbaugh was well thought out. I think Tomsula can be a solid coach, because unlike Singletary, he's spent A LOT of time actually coaching, but I hope that Jed sits his fucking ass down and keeps cutting checks. How they've conducted things does not promote a lot of goodwill nor does it place much confidence in the decisionmaking. He best not become a penny pincher like his folks were in the late 90s and 2000s.