Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: On Peppers
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2397716&mesg_id=2398109
2398109, RE: On Peppers
Posted by COOLEHMAGAZINE, Tue Dec-09-14 06:48 PM
Sure, I thought they could have restructured but hey, I understood the move. What I didn't like was fans and media insisting Peppers was done or that he was a "Lovie guy" who hadn't bought in.

He played hard on a shit defense. He was a last minute John Kuhn block from getting us into the playoffs. If he had to go, at least it could have been without the smears and innuendo from fans and media. Next up is Lance Briggs, and I expect he will be done the same way. (To be clear here, I am not saying Bears brass shit on the guy at all)

Another one of the issues with a team this poorly coached is, it becomes very difficult to assess who can and cannot play. I find it hard to believe that the Bears don't have ANY good players on defense, but it is impossible to assess who is good and who isn't because the scheme is such garbage.

Similarly, on offense, the gameplans are so terrible that I can't help but think some of these guys are decent football players, but you would rarely be able to tell by watching.

The decline of the offensive line is the scariest part because right now we are back to the Martz era sack numbers. Gonna be hard to fix that, while upgrading our entire defense and drafting this "elite qb" everyone thinks is out there waiting for us.