Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectErnesLee's Love/Hate
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2381049&mesg_id=2381339
2381339, ErnesLee's Love/Hate
Posted by ErnestLee, Thu Oct-23-14 09:55 AM
Love:

Chris Bosh (26)

1.35 B.B (before Bron). A lot of numbers leaving Miami, I think Bosh benefits most. 4 points and 1 board alone get him above 1.2. I'd expect even more.

Greg Monroe (33).

Was debating Monroe and Favors, Monroe going there made my decision easy. New coach and a contract year make him a prime bounce back candidate.

Jared Sullinger (52)

I actually had him closer to the Favors/Monroe tier. Perfect for this format. Breakout coming. No reason for him to behind old and declining guys like West and Big Zach.

Kobe Bryant (61)

Whether he lines up at G, F, GF, or GFC, this is great value here. If he didnt play at all last year as opposed to having 6 shitty games, he'd have went 15 picks earlier.

Terrance Jones (77)

How does an improving 1.17 F go AFTER guys like Luol Deng and Tobias Harris?

Mason Plumlee (90)

Went one pick after brother Miles, but I think Mason separates himself this year. Great opportunity in Brooklyn. Multi position to boot.

Tiago Splitter (113)

Quietly VERY consistent in this and will obviously have room for improvement on the always aging Spurs. Another multi. Seems like there's way to many of those this year.

Hate:

Lamarcus Aldridge (6)

An early "wow" moment of the draft for me. An obvious beast, but it took 8 years to get to 1.4 after never hitting 1.25. Is there a way to IMPROVE on a ridiculously efficient 23 and 11? Meanwhile career beasts Drummond and Cuz were right there. Perhaps multi position was a factor, but this early, I'm going best player.

Carmelo Anthony (20)

Fresh off last years "Love" list, Carmelo has gone from underrated to over and back again. A career year got him to 1.24 last year. And as F only, you can do better at pick 20.

Kyrie Irving (23)

I guess I just dont get it. Keys to the kingdom have resulted in three 1.16ish years. Bringing in two of fantasys biggest stat stuffers is supposed to improve that? I dont see it. Would rather have Lawson.

Baby Zeke (46)

Busted out last year to 1.1, but is in an entirely different situation as a third guard. The PPM may remain, but he'll be nowhere near last years 35 minutes.

Lance Stephenson (71)

Born Ready was a actually in a pretty ideal fantasy situation last year and it resulted in a .99. Joining Big Al and Kemba, I dont see that getting better.

Luol Deng (74)

Replacing Lebron doesnt give you some of his powers. He's a career .9 guy. I wouldnt have drafted before the 11th round, if that.

Jordan Farmar (94)

This isnt fantasy football. Handcuffs arent necessary. Better players are. An upside pick like Payton made more sense there. Farmar was never really good in this until last year, when every single Laker point guard was systematically balling at some point.