Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTier 5: Out the box Contenders: RBO, Ern, ME
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2381049&mesg_id=2381094
2381094, Tier 5: Out the box Contenders: RBO, Ern, ME
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Wed Oct-22-14 05:24 PM
↑↓
Tier 4: Out the box contenders
#3 RBO
You know, I didnt like this team when it was being drafted- I even clowned RBO for it Then I looked at it post draft and was pretty impressed. I had it as high as #2 before settling it at 3. A lot to like with the old guard Timmy and KG manning the FC along with some reliable guards with some upside. one of the things RBO did was draft good flexibility to cover for injuries and time off. If the old guys miss games that will hurt but he’ll still be in the picture come playoff time once RBO learns to set lineups.
Lynchpin Player: Most of RBO’s guys will do what they do but he needs a repeat of last season from Tyreke Evans which is a bit scary. If Tyreke can put together a smilar season, RBO will be there at the finish.
Max FPPM Key Players:
Harden 1.33↑: Didnt quite get what I predicted last season because of a slow start, but after the all star break he was an absolute monster.
Manu 1.20-: Manu do what he do do.
Duncan: 1.45↓ Timmy too - oo.
Tyreke: 1.15↓: Bad in real life not bad in .ws
KG 1.25↑: What a pick that late. I had him on my radar since pick 70 but didnt have the posistion for him. He’ll have a mini bounceback but miss some games.

↑↓
#2 Ernie
Ernie doesnt take Paul George in the first round and has a nice draft. Dieng and Noel have phenomenal upside at C, and Derrick Favors can cover anytime Noel is out, while he goes into Beast mode this season. last year I had to settle on favors and was unhappy. This year I got screwed out of getting him. he was absolutely my pick there (We’ll do another feature on how my draft would’ve been different had I gotten Favors there). Lots of really good FPPM guys at F and Russy at G. I don’t really trust Wade. I think Ernie picks someone like Kemba, Dragic, or Bledsoe there and the team is even more scary. I like Oladipo but i dont think this is his breakout .ws season quite yet.
Lynchpin Player: DWADE. If he can perform and have a nice bounceback while also not missing a lot of games, Ernie is a 1-2 favorite.
Max FPPM Key Players:
Dieng 1.35↑: Moves up and has some HUGE games but somewhat disappoints with expectations of 1.4+.
Noel: 1.25↑: Has some huge games but again misses time to injury and some duds. A guy to own next season.
Favors1.38↑: He starts moving int real beast mode territory and has a career year everyones been wiating on.
Wessy 1.5-: Huge Year but not much of an improvement in WS due to more minutes and more turnovers.
Wade: 1.20↑: He will have some great games, but sometimes just be alright and have a lot of turnovers trying to do too much on bad wheels.
Oladipo 1.03↑: Moves above 1.0 but not huge. Some good/great games (more than last season) mixed with duds. Playing with ball less leads to less assists but allows him to roam for more rebounds and get less Tos.

↑↓
#1 Shawn
Made a risky trade that has seemingly paid off. Was finished drafting by pick 160 something and was able to get a lot of guys who are solid and mix them with guys who have upside. For the first time didnt draft a rookie, and hasnt made a FA move yet. This team has enough depth to absorb some injuries, and is loaded with guys who will score consistently.
Lynchpin Player: Josh Smith was drafted at a value considering past draft positions, but considering last year’s performance he was overvalued. If SVG can really play him at 4 and keep him near the bucket there is no reason he cant return at least partially to form while playing a solid but not high load of minutes.
**Since its my team ill do max FPPM for every one**
Max FPPM Key Players:
Sully 1.35↑: Ive argued with realrap about him vs Tjones. In real life i still dont know but in WS the way Boston will run their offense through him he has big time potential as long as he doesnt get hurt or more fat. Rondo's return and statpadding could also hurt him.
Gobert 1.3↑: Follows up great summer with a nice season and emerges as a great clean up C in WS with limited minutes.
Adams: 1.2↑: I really like what this kid does in real life. Rob doesnt think it translates in WS, I think it does to some degree. he’s gonna board and block shots while also scoring. Like Wessy says “he can catch.” I think he starts to emerge as a star in the NBA we’ll see in .WS
Dirk 1.18↓: Goes down a bit but not much. Dirk does what he does and plays less minutes with Parsons around.
Tobias: 1.15↑: He’s had a great summer and offseason. This year he establishes himself as the star of the Magic’s young core and someone they can possibly build around.
Josh Smith: 1.2↑: Midrange Shawty gets closer to the basket after being forced by Ron Van Jeremy. Gets better, but not old elite self (unless traded).
MKG: 1.05↑: Lots of up and down games but does a better job with boards, steals and blocks and has some real nice games mixed in with duds.
Kyrie: 1.27↑: Doesn’t get enough assists to be 1.3 but becomes an efficient guard in WS next to Bron and Love.
MCW 1.18↓: When he plays he has some big games and some average ones but isnt quite able to replicate last season. Still a solid G when he plays.
Reggie Jack 1.07↑: Playing for that contract without KD, gets some starts and shows his flashes once he recovers from wrist injury.
Jlin7 9.93932923↑: Jlin becomes best basketball player and destroys the galaxy.
Jeremy Lin 1.15↑: Jeremy gets the ball back in his hands and does what he does best. Still some turnover issues but overall markedly improved.
George Hill: 1.07↑: I know, I know how the fuck is a guy whose never been over 1.0 gonna get to 1.07? Did he magically get better? No. With PG out he’s gonna get a lot more usage and have the ball a ton. So far in preseason (I know its preseason) he’s been well above 1.0 every game I believe. He picks up the slack on the boards, gets more assists and doesnt turn the ball over a lot. Just a perfect storm. Was really excited about drafting him late til he banged his knee last night.