Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI don't think it'll be as much an issue as it use to be
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2373491&mesg_id=2373662
2373662, I don't think it'll be as much an issue as it use to be
Posted by auragin_boi, Wed Oct-01-14 01:59 PM
The team is use to operating without D-Rose now. Noah and Pau will get the team shots and Pau has a great low post game. Taj's O has come along nicely also (led the team in scoring in the playoffs). The shooters are plenty and most of them are dead eye.

When you have layers of weapons and alternate catalyst (Noah/Pau) you don't need ONE guy per say to get you a bucket. If they put Bron on Rose, one of those 6'8"+ shooters is gonna get a 3 over a much smaller defender. I'd rather have Rose a decoy and pull Bron out of any possession at the end of the game anyway. I don't trust Clev to get stops anywhere else. MAYBE Marion but that about it.

As far as health and rotation goes, I look at Thibs' track record. The Bench Mob rotation worked to the tune of best record in the L two yrs running. He knows how to work a rotation. The depth should help with health. He's got 5 guards that can come in, he can move Snell and Jimmy to the 3 to give relief there if McBucketts struggles. No one should play more than 34 mins a night this yr. Not even Noah.

I don't think Rose needs to be MVP Rose. He puts up 19/8.5/4 on 47% FG, 35%+ 3FG and we'll have all we need from him.

I'm done with cautious optimism. Life is life, hoops is hoops and anything can happen in either. I don't live in a bubble so I'm not going to be a fan in one either. We have the talent to win the whole thing and that's what I expect.