Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti think he is an average playoff performer, not as bad as his rep
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2372024&mesg_id=2382955
2382955, i think he is an average playoff performer, not as bad as his rep
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Tue Oct-28-14 12:10 AM
2011 he played well on their only deep run and i thought he was very good overall in 2013 also. that series against the kings was a total tossup. i guess he could be criticized for not taking it over--especially with Kopitar moving gingerly--but he played very well early on in those playoffs.

the thing that gets me is people who gives marleau shit for not being clutch. he has scored a ton of playoff goals including some really big ones.

i don't think it's any one individual player. i would say about those guys and really about their more low-key young stars too (couture, pavelski, vlasic) is that none of them are really strong captains. dan boyle was probably their best leader and he is gone. i do think the mueller kid is looking nice in his stead but doesn't do anything to fill that void.

they are a team that, if they are to win, they basically need all their players healthy in a loaded year. i think they are pretty loaded right now. saw them last night in person, they played well and put it together for the full 60. usually they start like wildfire and then let up