Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti def would have prefered a DC for head coach.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363796&mesg_id=2393977
2393977, i def would have prefered a DC for head coach.
Posted by Awburn, Tue Nov-25-14 12:05 PM
>I noticed this with First Round Talent Al earlier in the
>year, he's consistently killed people's confidence either with
>thinly veiled shots through the media or just straight up
>moving the gameplan away from a player.

>I say that because I watched Alf go through like a 6-8 game
>lack luster slide. Then all of a sudden they came back to him
>with a run heavy gameplan, and he's been rewarding them with
>fantastic efforts and looks like the same Alf.

its disappointing that the running game isnt as good as it was. But the knock on Gruden from Cincy followers coming in was that he wasnt consistent enough with the run. He hasn't balanced it out by getting the most (or anything) out of the passing game so the offense is stuck.

>We're watching him tear Griff down in a way that i'm not sure
>he'll be able to come back from though.

like i've said, where there is smoke there is fire. Dude might have needed a bit of a reality check.

>I'm worried that Gruden isn't the motivator that thsi team
>needs. I think we're starting to see the cracks with Pierre.
>If this continues there might be more.

Pierre is a diva WR (no surprise) whose first QB was Peyton. The bar for QB play was set kinda high with him. Last year there was talk of Pierre having beef with RG3 - he was constantly getting open and showing his frustrations on the field despite his league high reception total, so his frustrations may have nothing to do with Gruden.

>I think we chose the wrong Cincy Coordinator.

I think Gruden can figure this out - part of that will be letting Haslett go sooner than later - but getting a defensive minded coach and a legit OC is a strong formula that would have been better.