Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThe TEAM is bad, as in poorly constructed...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363796&mesg_id=2371923
2371923, The TEAM is bad, as in poorly constructed...
Posted by Ausar72, Fri Sep-26-14 10:08 AM
...and still very much a work in progress.

The defense is poorly coached, but at the same time has some major holes in the secondary and along the line. Hatcher is nice, but he's old and he can't do it alone. This team is constantly neglecting the lines on both side of the ball, and that has been it's biggest problem for the last 10 years, getting progressively worse with every "offensive genius" brought in here to run the team. Also chasing after the big names and shiny skill position players and neglecting the lines. The most egregious of this being sham-ahan following the drafting of RG, by taking another fucking quarterback HIGH in the same gotdamn draft.

As for Cousins performance last night, yes he was a MAJOR part of the problem, but this team as a whole is still showing the same flaws of poor line play (both sides of the ball), no pressure on the opposing quarterback and highly questionable secondary play. Throughout all of the poor play, team-wide, Cousins play was particularly troublesome, dare I say Romo-esque. Robert has NEVER had a game like that, playing with teams that were much worse off, in terms of the talent level around him. His rookie season was a success, specifically because of how talented and SPECIAL this dude is at the quarterback position. His performance (along with Morris) hid how truly bad that team was.

Unfortunately people got mistaken into the belief that the team was ready, when the following year demonstrated the opposite.

The team is rebuilding, and very thin at a LOT of positions. Right now they've accumulated some talent, better than it's ever been since RG was drafted, but it's still a work in progress and far from complete, thus you see Robert's struggles and the defense and special teams exposure on a weekly basis.

So, yeah, last night was interesting for me as a fan of this team. On the one hand, watching the team get blown out in another primetime game was disappointing, BUT combined with the South Park episode the night before, and the exposure of Kirk, I kind of went to bed with a bit of a smirk on my face.

Ahh... the life of being a Sk!ns fan...

my thoughts,

peace.