Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectTheProfessionals 3: revenge of the snakes
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2363211&mesg_id=2363282
2363282, TheProfessionals 3: revenge of the snakes
Posted by theprofessional, Sat Aug-30-14 05:09 PM
QB - breesus (R1)

RB - leveon bell (K)
RB - ray rice (R4)
RB - steven jackson (R5)
RB - andre williams (R7)
RB - ronnie hillman (R8)

WR - mike wallace (K)
WR - yulio yones (R2)
WR - andre johnson (R3)
WR - desean jackson (R6)
WR - aaron dobson (R11)
WR - kenny stills (R13)

TE - ladarius green (R9)
TE - greg olsen (R10)

K - stephen gostkowski (R12)

D - stillers

THE GOOD:
i got the #1 QB and the #1 WR in the first two rounds. that's what you should've done, but you didn't because you were busy drafting terrible running backs. brees will play 12 of his first 15 games in a dome, 8 of those at home. with graham, a healthy colston, cooks and pierre in sproles mode, and a suddenly not terrible mark ingram, this is the best offense he's ever engineered. manning's league-ruining season of last year is within reach.

if yulio yones plays 16 games, yulio yones will break the NFL's single-season receiving records. all of them. through the first five games last year, he was on pace for 130 recs and 1,800 yards on 190 targets, and that was WITH tony gonzalez taking up space (both in general and more importantly in the red zone). with ice's TE security blanket gone, yulio has a very plausible path to-- i hope you're sitting down for this-- 140+ recs and ~2,000 yards on 200+ targets. add his career TD rate to that, and you're looking at a conservative estimate of 15 TDs thrown in. i thought about drafting him in the 1st, but with the 8th pick and my snake draft expertise, i knew he'd fall. you really, really should've drafted yulio yones. yulio break all de records and gimme de monies.

in other news, andre johnson as my WR2 is pretty sweet. a keeper-eligible desean jackson is even sweeter. while you were busy drafting rookie WRs and defenses, i grabbed 2013's #10 WR in the 6th round. it should be noted that a hobbled RG3 (now healthy) got garcon to 113 recs last year and throws a much better deep ball than foles. this very well could be a league-ruining pick.

i can't even fathom why olsen was still around in the 10th. with the departure of steve smith, he's cam newton's #1 target, #2 at worst. not only that, but after olsen and benjamin, there ain't much else. improvement on last year's #7 TE finish is a given, the only question is how much. with the retirement of tony gonzalez, gronk's health up in the air, and vernon davis losing targets to a newly competent niners receiving corps, a top 3 finish for olsen isn't out of the question. i was perfectly prepared to roll with ladarius green and maybe grab another high-upside TE later. instead, i got the upside in round 9 and the crazy-high floor in round 10. that's what you should've done.

THE BAD:
my RB situation is rock solid, but there's no getting around the fact that i've got washed up RBs coming out the ears. steven jackson is old as dirt and is certain to get hurt at some point, but worst case, he's the goal line back on what should be a high-scoring offense. he was good for 6 TDs in his final 6 games last year, and that was at a time when the falcons were horrible, so there's a chance he puts up the kind of season tony gonzalez did last year, where it's like, why is this decrepit old man doing all this? probably not though.

whatever. 'cause i also got ray rice, who before last year's injury-plagued debacle was a top-7-or-better RB the previous four years in a row. because it seems like he's been around forever, people forget that he's only 27 years old. put next to the ages of other top RBs-- peterson (29), forte (28), charles (26), mccoy (26)-- and it suddenly becomes clear that reports of the death of ray rice have been greatly exaggerated. no sugarcoating the fact that he was atrocious last year, and could be just as bad this year, the same way mojo failed to bounce back last year. however... if he's not... if it turns out last year was a speed bump instead of "the hill," my team could be absolutely unstoppable starting around week 3.

in conclusion, i did all the things you should've done and now you're mad about it. guru graded my draft an A+ and is projecting me for an 11-3 record and a second-place finish. realistically though, that's probably my floor. discuss.