Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectYea, the Warriors stuff is a lot of wrong
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2362700&mesg_id=2392569
2392569, Yea, the Warriors stuff is a lot of wrong
Posted by Tek4mula, Fri Nov-21-14 03:23 AM
As a Warriors fan I thought Jackson did a good job and I like what Kerr is doing so far so I'm not really interested in talking about who is better but it's completely obvious that the offense this year is way more regimented and complex.

Jackson gave Curry a lot of freedom in the offense and had very few sets. The Warriors would run some simple early actions like a high pick and roll or pin down to get Klay open but if that stuff failed it was basically improvisation time. There was a reason the Warriors were dead last by a long way in passes per game last year.

It's early but the Warriors are a lot more sophisticated than in the past, there is way more movement and action in the offense this year. There are second and third actions going on if the initial play doesn't work. Kerr and Gentry have the Warriors running way more plays on offensive sets.

If you're really trying to suggest that you watched the Warrior's offense last year and this year and think this year's version is playing street ball, that's basically an admission that you know nothing about basketball.