Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti'm fully aware that you're just trolling, but adams is a defensive guy.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2362700&mesg_id=2392480
2392480, i'm fully aware that you're just trolling, but adams is a defensive guy.
Posted by dula dibiasi, Thu Nov-20-14 08:09 PM
(al gentry runs the warriors' O)

on a serious note tho, kerr's put together a really solid staff. gentry's always run innovative stuff, and he's using curry in some of the old nash sets, while adams has had a tremendous impact on the D (3rd in the league in DRtg, abt 4 pts/poss better than last yr)

a recent article on the adams effect w/ some good steph quotes (paul went 6-15 in that next game btw)

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2014/11/05/warriors-stephen-curry-assistant-ron-adams-holds-higher-standard-championship-caliber-defensively/

OAKLAND – Warriors point guard Stephen Curry will guard the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul tonight after having garnered praise for his defensive play to start the season.

Sacramento’s Darren Collison was 4 for 12 from the field. The Los Angeles Lakers’ Jeremy Lin didn’t make a field goal in six attempts. All-Star Damian Lillard was held to 4-for-18 shooting in Sunday’s win at Portland.

What’s changed for Curry this season has been the presence of assistant coach Ron Adams, a longtime veteran of NBA coaching who’s known for his defensive excellence.

“Just holding me to a higher standard,” Curry said of Adams’ influence. “Obviously we watch a lot of film and talk a lot about just how we’re supposed to see that end of the floor, what it means if I’m able to do what I’m supposed to do every single night for our team’s success.

“It doesn’t matter how many points I score. He seems to find that one or two things that I can do better on the defensive end after every game that kind of knocks you back into reality a little bit. You can always get better, and I have to be to be a championship-caliber point guard and for us to try to get where we’re trying to go.”

Adams has resonated with players including Curry with his quotes of the day, including one attributed to Michelangelo that says, “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.”

Curry last season often wasn’t asked by coach Mark Jackson to guard top opposing point guards, a strategy that caused controversy within Jackson’s own coaching staff. Curry is now getting that challenge, as he said he’ll get motivated to guard Paul tonight.

“Yeah, because if he plays well, it’s on me and vice versa,” Curry said. “You’ve got to be locked in and focused and do my part as a part of the game plan on defense and understand what we’re trying to accomplish.”