Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectSpeaking of sore weirdos, guess who's being one here?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2355068&mesg_id=2355204
2355204, Speaking of sore weirdos, guess who's being one here?
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Jul-29-14 09:18 AM
>Yeah. Nerds thought JD Drew was a great player. And then he
>retired and they moved on to other topics of discussion.
>
>Take notes, city of Philadelphia. It was like fifteen years
>ago. JD Drew had a fine career. The Phillies had a
>tremendously successful decade without him. Everybody walks
>away winners unless one party decides to act like sore weirdos
>on the internet.

That's twice in a week you've come at me unsolicited on some Pavlovian Baseball Prospectus Defender Bat Signal shit.

This time I'll leave your reply in with mine so we you can skip the edit.

For the record, I could not care less about JD Drew's aborted signing in Philly during the Curt Schilling Vet Stadium era before we bumped Bill Giles out because they were undeniably a shitty organization who never should have drafted a kid they were going to be unable to sign.

That was when he was being touted mostly by scouts and Scott Boras.

His touting by saber metric nerds came later when he actually had an MLB career well underway, for me personally I'm reminded more of early into my move to LA when he was acquired during the failed Paul DePodesta Era.

Nerds and Moneyball evangelical types thought he was an elite baseball player, folks who watched him regularly at any of his stops knew otherwise.

And if a nerd came up with a formula here (as mentioned, I didn't actually bother to read it because it doesn't matter to me) to say Andrew Luck isn't a good quarterback, then the math is even further off base.