Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBeyond the Bruin bluster, I agree with most of the words regarding SC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2345183&mesg_id=2355376
2355376, Beyond the Bruin bluster, I agree with most of the words regarding SC
Posted by Bombastic, Wed Jul-30-14 02:08 AM
Their pro-style offense is becoming antiquated, especially in an environment where even the NFL is adopting more college style mobile QB elements than ever before.

They also historically have struggled mightily defending that kind of QB (see: Locker, Rodgers, VY, Luck, any Oregon QB, now Hundley) even during their best years of the Carroll era.

I'd like to see what Max Browne can do this fall, I don't believe Cody Kessler is ever going to give them elite play at the position and I would hope that if we're going to take another Carroll retread at the helm that he would at least take a page from Carroll's book and make it an open competition for the key spots regardless of seniority.

Sark is a good dude, met him once in Hermosa one afternoon when I first got out here when he was assistant OC, had a few drinks while talking football and he gave me his email then linked me up with ticket hookups during the Leinart/Bush salad days

I will be forever grateful to him for that, he's a better man/leader of men/face of a program than Kiffin (who according to my old boss who lived near him in MB wouldn't even come outside in the past two years) on all levels.

But the way Haden, knowing since 2012 Kiffin wasn't going to make it but firing him by kicking him off the team bus, letting Orgeron actually believe he could take over for real and then ending up with a guy they could have hired anytime in the past five years while coming from the same Carroll tree tells me that they might need some new unconnected and forward thinking leadership at the AD slot.

That being said, y'all ain't beating the Trojans three years in a row, we are gonna have to have a pow-wow before that game if you don't have coaching duties and can attend the affair. I will grab you tickets if you need em. Peace.

FUCLA