Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Intention was not to deflect; the body of my post should make that clear
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2294641&mesg_id=2294894
2294894, RE: Intention was not to deflect; the body of my post should make that clear
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sat Feb-01-14 03:09 PM
>I think we both know that rivalry schadenfreude at least in
>part motivated you
>to post this (you couldn't help but include the "hail!"
>throw-in).

I posted it because it's a very newsworthy story which has been receiving, IMO, a very 'disturbing' lack of national coverage. And as evidenced by the lack of response to this thread, nobody here gives a shit either which I'm not at all surprised about. People simply do not care about michigan football and casual fans probably couldn't even pick brady hoke out of a lineup.

So on a personal level, yes, it bothers me that cover ups over free tats and rigged raffles were the cause of a nuclear media meltdown whereas real issues like rape scandals are glossed over. On the surface this looks even worse than the Winston case which obviously received a lot of press as well.

>I probably went a little
>overboard with my own response, too. As for the "reductive"
>point, you glossed
>over way too many nuances of the story

All I did was copy/paste a swipe. The article was succinct - my analysis wasn't needed.

-- as far as we know
>*today*, Lewan
>was not involved in this. That could change, but it's a little
>reckless to throw
>that in there.

I wrote 'allegedly' which is exactly how it's stated in the article. There was nothing reckless about my description.

You could also argue that Gibbons is 'allegedly' a rapist since he wasn't convicted in a court of law. But there is certainly a lot of evidence that the claims are true...from his "family issues" to the university expulsion to his lack of an appeal. The Gibbons rumors have been circulating for roughly a year now...the entire time it was brushed off as "bullshit". Well, now it doesn't look to be BS and the claims thus far appear to be credible and if nothing else I'd be inclined to take the Lewan accusations seriously. We do know that somebody intimidated the victim in a very aggressive manner, correct?

And as far as Lewan goes, why is this guy continually accused of doing some awful shit? He must be the unluckiest dude on earth to continually have such horrendous lies fabricated about him. If I were him I'd want to explain myself and prove my innocence.

>>For people actually interested in understanding some of the
>story's details,
>I recommend this post:
>http://mgoblog.com/content/helpful-readers-help-unravel-gibbons-questions

mgoblog to the rescue...lol