Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: question/thoughts:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2292914&mesg_id=2301851
2301851, RE: question/thoughts:
Posted by Af-1, Mon Feb-24-14 10:00 AM
I think - what appears to be - WWE's refusal to take DB seriously is massively hurting their current main-events: the last 10 minutes of the Rumble ending in boos, the hate towards Batista, Orton, Cena - it must be really embarrassing for WWE all round. Their master plan of Batista vs Orton at Mania WILL result in a disaster if it goes ahead as planned so I think WWE will have to acknowledge this (...or not as appears to be the case).

In a way this is all very exciting - I can't think of a time when someone was championed like this. Their Mania has been written since last summer - it's so rare that stars align themselves so perfectly like this - but they ran from it for reasons I can't begin to understand.

I also agree that it's amazing DB hasn't had a clear story going in to Mania unless they're gearing for him vs Kane? There's been no direct issue with Hunter yet for them to even proceed with that. Even if he does face HHH - so what?! If he wins, and still doesn't get promoted, then what was that for? If he wins, then gets a title shot - so what? They just blew the moment of the year by passing him up at Mania.