Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLet me check my game log of several years ago.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2279390&mesg_id=2696568
2696568, Let me check my game log of several years ago.
Posted by Frank Longo, Sat May-18-19 09:20 AM
Oh wait. I won't do that. Because I find it strange that I have to explain to Box Score Bobby that I actually watch games.

Yes, I also saw regular season games. Again, not difficult. They were ranked during the season. They played Jimmer 3 times that year. Fisher usually schedules a few good OOC games too. I don't remember all of the games I saw him play or precisely how he performed in those games. But literally *everyone* knew that, in college, Kawhi couldn't shoot. It was like knowing DeAndre Hunter defends well or Bol Bol can shoot 3s or Romeo Langford is a shameless chucker. I don't need to check individual box scores of games I've watched to confirm this, because anyone who's seen these players enough gets it.

So yeah, Pop drafted a guy who couldn't shoot. Teams have drafted players who can't shoot a lot higher than 15 too. Because, going back to the original point, they draft on potential. So Pop drafted him, because he felt he could fix his jumper and have an All-Star on his hands. And holy shit, he was right. Most people who draft a guy thinking they can fix their jumper never deliver. But Pop and Kawhi together figured it out. Praise Be.