Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectBought my ol' man an XBOX 360.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2255213&mesg_id=2255652
2255652, Bought my ol' man an XBOX 360.
Posted by LeroyBumpkin, Sat Nov-02-13 12:24 PM
Not sure how this is going to work out.

Little history, dude loves playing racing games. Back in the day we had this game on the SNES called Top Gear. Dude would be up until 2 AM playing. Then when my brother and I got a Playstation, we introduced him to Gran Turismo, and that blew his mind. He was like, "I can make adjustments to my car and then go race it? It has real cars?"

Fast forward to a couple months ago, dude is retired and looking for stuff to do (says my Mom). He calls me and out of the blue, "Are there any good racing games out? What's up with that new XBOX I heard about on the news?" So, he's not ready for a new Xbox, but I found a 360 used for $100. Copped Forza Motorsport 4 from Amazon for $30 and sent both his way.

I'm really curious how he's going to a) adjust to the controller and b) adjust to the amount of things he can do in the game. He's a tech guy, but not so much with video games. He has a nice HD surround setup, so I think he'd appreciate this. The research I've done on the game shows that you can adjust just about everything. So in theory he'll really like it. He's a car guy, how can he not?