Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLOL, fair enough
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2239000&mesg_id=2239579
2239579, LOL, fair enough
Posted by Bombastic, Tue Oct-01-13 07:35 PM
For the record I'm not really a big Locker fan, he went higher than I thought in the draft than I thought he deserved otherwise I might have cysed him if he'd gone in the 2nd round or something.

Like him in maybe a weight-room-rat version of Don Majkowski kinda way but if he starts getting fucked up physically all bets are off.

I did happen to like him better than the other major non-Cam dudes in that draft as in the Gabbart/Ponder and (who was the other guy from that class, Mallett? can't remember) because he could actually run a bit, had been forced to carry bad teams & had a bit of the right type of asshole mentality in him.

Probably didn't hurt that like most of those somewhat mobile NFL-level QB's he always gave the Trojans a problem even during good defensive years, I think during his career at U-Dub he:

Nearly beat Booty & Co as the #1 team in the country freshman year, missed the sophomore game due to injury vs Sanchez during Ty's last year as the Trojans won like 58-0, beat them as a junior in Seattle & even won in the Coliseum his senior year.

And you're right, I don't project Geno to be all that good (this is actually overachieving for where I thought he'd be right now) down the line so I'd imagine that will come up later as well.