Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectum....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2228802&mesg_id=2231504
2231504, um....
Posted by Warren Coolidge, Mon Sep-16-13 10:07 AM
but basically what he's done is
>the equivalent of your 1st round QB throwing two picks in week
>1, so you immediately pull him out of the game,

it's kind of not the same thing. A 1st round QB would be a proven entity....and thus a couple of picks would be acceptable...

Wilson isn't a proven anything....he's given the lead back job...the entire team is relying on him...and he coughed up the rock. A RB coughing up the rock as a lead back, when he's never been a lead back is problematic.

have him split
>time with your pedestrian backup-- say, brady quinn-- then go
>out and sign rich gannon to run your red zone offense. i'm
>stunned the giants are 0-2. luckily blowhards is my only
>share of david wilson, so if coughlin wants to run his team
>into the ground by giving one of the most explosive RBs in the
>NFL 7 touches in lieu of eli chucking up 50-yard INTs, i'll
>just be over here with this popcorn.

tough break for you...but honestly as soon as Wilson fumbled for the 2nd time, you should have seen that this was going to happen...

honestly it looks like Da'Rel Scott is a more agressive runner, and looks like he may be more equipped to be a lead back than Wilson...

I was going to go after Scott hard until they signed Jacobs....I know that if Jacobs is on that team, Coughlin is going to use him...he knows the guy...he trusts the guy....and the year off basiclly has Jacobs body pretty fresh....

Just just off the first two games I think the long term solution for the Giants is to use Scott more as your lead back.....Wilson as your 3rd down back....and give Jacobs time as your lead back but also your goal line guy.