Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThoughts on the current state of Raw 1. The new Godwins debut next week.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2186946&mesg_id=2204832
2204832, Thoughts on the current state of Raw 1. The new Godwins debut next week.
Posted by Cold Truth, Tue Jul-02-13 11:48 AM
Obviously the Wyatt Family seems much more interesting that H.O.G and P.I.G ever were, but it's awfully hard not to make that basic connection. I'm intrigued with the addition of another faction, considering the existence of The Shield.

I'm a little mad they haven't gone with a full blown Heyman Guys stable anchored by Punk with Axle in the Orton role. Have Brock show up as a special enforcer from time to time, add RVD and bring one other young guy into the HG fold, and we've got The Dangerous Alliance 2013. Instead, we're getting a wierd, disjointed story that will doubtless lead to the Lesnar/Punk SS match we've all heard about.

Dutch and his... uh... erm...whatever they're gonna call it. Jack Swagger and Cesaro. Whatever. Moving on.

Oh, and we have 3MB, essentially Too Cool+Rikishi without any of the cheap entertainment value. To their credit, I love watching them get the shit kicked out of them every week, so there is that. I barely watch the show at all some weeks but I always make it a priority check for their weekly beating. I guess that makes them 'over' for me in a perverse way.

Usos getting more screen time is a great thing. Hopefully the rumors of the Briscoes coming over are true and they don't languish in development when they do and we can have a true-blue tag team revival.

I like the build with Bryan. Word is Vince sees no money in him though, but from what I read said HBK told Vince he said the same shit about him. Considering Shawn was his trainer at one point, I'm a little surprised Vince/HHH seem so reluctant to give Shawn's 'guy' the rub he deserves. He's Kurt Angle 2.0 and can be used EXACTLY the same way. All the comedic bits have served him very well. He's still got a boyish charm (I shit you not, he looks exactly like my 8 year old nephew) that WILL sell if Vince puts his back into it. This shit with Orton is building up nicely for both parties and I hope this trajectory continues to the point where that's the WWE title program.

I really don't give two shits about Cena or Henry, though Henry pulled off one of the best moments on Raw- hell, in wrestling- in years.

Jericho is whatever. I'm bored with him.
Ryback may as well not even exist right now.

I'm mad I ever vouched for Miz. While, I still stand by his work at the time, I have to admit that they shit the bed in the worst possible with him after Mania. He currently exhibits NONE of the good qualities he showcased during the run that vaulted him into the WM main event and ALL of the shitty qualities I overlooked when Tiger Woods would trash him. TW turned out to be right on the money with that one.

Dolph's return has been... underwhelming, to say the least. He'll be back in top form, but I wonder about the crowd reception.

All in all I'm split on my feelings. There are things happening that I absolutely love, but also many things I could care less about.