Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI seen Joe Hart, Patrick Viera, Adebayor as part of my season ticket
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2185771&mesg_id=2185836
2185836, I seen Joe Hart, Patrick Viera, Adebayor as part of my season ticket
Posted by celery77, Fri May-24-13 01:37 AM
funnest part? being in the first row of like a 5k stadium (all this inclusive with the USL season ticket, ~$220/yr mind you) when some dude hollered some shit at Adebayor on a corner kick about how he sucks or something. Adebayor was NOT having it, immediately turned to the source of the voice and sent the Ron Artest-esque DEATH STARE at whoever it might have been. the WHOLE section behind the goal hushed up when Adebayor did it, it was actually one of the more striking live sporting moments I've ever seen, a player silencing a whole crowd just with one stare. it was pretty crazy.

but the Man City game with Adebayor scoring a goal in a 5k capacity field still didn't hold a candle to even the lowliest of low MLS games I used to go to back in the early '00s (and I used to see world-class players like Landon Donovan, Demarcus Beasley, Eddie Johnson et. al. even back then).

good to know you get highest going to an arena show, personally I'm content feeling the real thrills on the local circuit.