Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectEmmanuel Mudiay 2014 PG Looks like the Real Deal
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2174006&mesg_id=2174006
2174006, Emmanuel Mudiay 2014 PG Looks like the Real Deal
Posted by TheRealBillyOcean, Fri May-03-13 02:01 PM
His game is kinda D-Rose like the way he uses his size, strength, and quickness to get to the rack.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/22183266/kentucky-making-impression-on-topthree-junior-emmanuel-mudiay

Kentucky making impression on top-three junior Emmanuel Mudiay
By Jeff Borzello | Blogger
May 2, 2013 12:14 pm ET

John Calipari and point guards.

It's a combination that has been almost foolproof for the past several years, going from Derrick Rose to Tyreke Evans to John Wall to Brandon Knight to Marquis Teague to, well, we'll stop there.

With top-five prospect Andrew Harrison heading to Lexington this year, eyes are already turning to the 2014 class. And Emmanuel Mudiay could be the next in the prestigious lineage of point guards.

Calipari has already conducted an in-home visit with Mudiay.

“He's a great guy, great coach,” Mudiay said last weekend. “One of the best recruiters there is in the country. He does a good job with his point guards, and that's a big part that I really look into.”

Kentucky brings in arguably the best recruiting class of all time this season, and they're still in the mix for top-ranked senior Andrew Wiggins. But several of them are expected to be one-and-done prospects -- meaning Mudiay could get the keys to the Wildcats' offense from Day 1.

Moreover, Mudiay likes the idea of being surrounded by so much talent.

“You're never going to go there and not think you can win the championship,” he said. “A lot of people try to talk down on him because he's being really successful right now, but he doesn't talk bad about nobody. He worries about his program. He wants to develop his guys, and that's all he cares about.”

Kentucky isn't the only school in pursuit of the 6-foot-4 Prime Prep (Texas) product. Arizona, Louisville, North Carolina, St. John's, SMU, Texas and Kansas are on his list, with Baylor and Oklahoma State visiting Mudiay last month.

“Baylor, that's down the street. Basically about an hour and 15 minutes away from me. Isaiah Austin talks to me about that,” he said. “Oklahoma State, great school. They put Marcus Smart, another good friend of mine, that was in a great position this year. And he played the point guard spot, so that definitely helps.”

One of the top three overall prospects in the junior class, Mudiay has a very high ceiling and could be a future lottery pick. He has terrific size for his position and has the ability to be a matchup nightmare when he uses his size effectively. Mudiay has shown that he can take smaller defenders into the post and use his strength to finish around the basket.

When he does that consistently, Mudiay is nearly impossible to stop.

“Taking no plays off, man. That's one thing I've really been working on,” he said. “Bringing the dog out every game -- that's me. I want to be really competitive when I'm out there. It doesn't matter who's on the court. Being a winner.”

While his list of 10 schools are all in steady contact, Mudiay is not ready to end the recruiting process just yet.

“I'm taking everything slow right now,” he said. “Just waiting things out.”

(video via CityLeagueHoopsTV)