Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectAfter some time, I've sort of come around on this Cena thing
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2159060&mesg_id=2162556
2162556, After some time, I've sort of come around on this Cena thing
Posted by Dr Claw, Mon Apr-15-13 10:40 AM
though I still will pooh-pooh the whole "Cena is all they've got" plea cop. That's WWE's fault. They would be BEYOND fucked if something happened to him. There is no good reason why there isn't a clear "Plan B" for them. Every "boom" period of theirs they've had at least one. Even if it was a reluctant one. Since the ascension of Cena, there has been none.

some have already mentioned it; he already is heel. not just in the eyes of hardcores, but generally most places he goes, he will get that mixed, leaning negative reaction.

they don't need to turn him in a traditional sense; if they keep him in "Boy Scout" mode and Cena continues acting as smugly and w/lackluster spirit as he has as of late, yet continues kissing the asses of the "Cenation" and trolling the smarks, just so as long as it doesn't become SUPER-OBVIOUS (ala Kurt Angle in '99), this could be the most innovative thing they've done since Attitude. plus cash in on it.

face or heel, there is one thing about Cena that just makes watching him on TV a chore. WWE has completely sapped the dude of his charisma and personality ever since he moonwalked from that "rapper" gimmick. I don't even want to see him doing anything he has done in the past (save bringing back the "real" F-U/Yebisu Drop finisher, the current AA sucks). But we know Cena is a rather intense performer or at least has the potential to be. Unless booking him in the most boring, "safe" way possible is part of the heel/trolling ruse... they need to change that.

We can get "real" heeldom from CM Punk. If they go forward with this "meta-heel" shit, I'll take back most of the negative things I've said/typed on the subject.